The Ultimate Moving Checklist
Finally, the day you’ve been waiting for has arrived! Moving day is an experience unlike any other, and will be one of the most exciting times yet! Although you’re ready to move in to your gorgeous, new Elliott home, make sure that you’ve gone over this checklist of last minute tasks to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- It’s time to sit down and make some calls! Notify your children’s schools and medical practices that you’re moving, cancel your subscriptions, alert utility companies to disconnect your services, and notify employers and insurance providers of your brand new address.
- Hire professional movers a few weeks in advance. Do a little research online and get a word-of-mouth recommendation if you can. Movers who can handle heavy and delicate items, pack them properly, and transport them safely. This will be your best bet!
- Keep your children’s favorite toys close by. Pack them in an easily accessible bag so they’re on hand when your kids are feeling anxious or nervous. Having their favorite toys ready will ease their minds throughout this exciting time.
- Arrange for transportation for your pets! A smooth journey with a trusted friend or family member will make them feel as comfortable as possible — and ready to start their next adventure! Keep them calm with toys and treats.
- On Moving Day, dress for comfort! There’s nothing wrong with rocking a t-shirt and sweatpants while you move. Pro tip: pockets will be your best friend when you need your wallet and cell phone close by.
- When the moving truck arrives at the new house, let the children play in their new rooms. This way, they’ll be safely out of the way and you can get the work done as quickly as possible — so you can begin to enjoy your new dream home!
- Pack an overnight bag with a change of clothes and toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, etc.), plus towels and washcloths. You’ll be glad to have quick access to these items that you may not be thinking about.
- Stock up on snacks like fruit, nuts, crackers, and granola bars, since they require no refrigeration and no preparation! You and your family can easily munch on these throughout the day to stay full. Don’t forget bottled water and juice!
Your Elliott home is awaiting your arrival, and the greatest journey of your life will begin in no time! Make sure to keep this checklist handy so that you’re all squared away on the big day. For more information on our homes and communities, please visit our website, or give us a call at 1-844-289-3554.
check list, moving, moving in, moving out
This post was written by Shawna Dunaway